Sunday, February 7, 2016

21 Day Journey into Minimalism, part 1

I have been enjoying the posts from theminimalists.com for some time now.  I recently saw a link to their 21 Day Journey into Minimalism and thought it would be interesting to take the time to really explore areas of my life that could use a little thinning out.  Because of my lovely and insane work and school schedule, I doubt that I'll manage to actual do it in only 21 days, but I will give my best effort to complete it in a reasonable amount of time.  
So on day 2, I made my Musts List and it goes as follows:

I must - 

  • keep my books organized and tidy
  • organize my yarn and find uses for all of it, apply a reasonable timeline to do so
  • begin working on seasonal capsule plan for clothes (more on that later)
  • make time to regularly write to each of my nieces
  • shift my life focus from work based to school based
  • live a little more in the now, not so worried about the future and not so bothered by the past
  • study, study, study
  • live as healthy as possible
  • provide myself with a comfortable and happy environment

By recognizing how I want my life to look, I can start to cut away at the things that are working against that.  Some of these can be done once and then maintained with little effort.  Others must be continually worked on.  Both take a bit of determination.  Good thing I can be kinda stubborn.  



No comments:

Post a Comment